A NEW MODEL FOR DEMENTIA CARE MANAGEMENT FOCUSED ON FAMILY CAREGIVERS
After spending over a decade working directly with family caregivers, Seniorlink developed
VOICE for Dementia Care: a technology-enabled care management solution that provides
professional coaching and support for family caregivers.
The model is guided by evidence-based clinical protocols and augmented by technology through the
use of a novel collaboration platform, Vela. The model is designed to improve outcomes and reduce
costs for payers, while helping caregivers feel more confident and supported
in their journey.
THE HUMAN TOUCH OF PROFESSIONAL COACHES
Seniorlink partners our expert coaches with payers’ existing care teams to help activate and engage family caregivers.
Our dementia care coaches follow a person-centered curriculum, leveraging best-practice protocols so that:
- Caregivers receive individualized coaching and support designed to meet immediate and long term needs
- Caregivers are more confident in their ability to take care of family members and better utilize available healthcare resources
- Dementia patients have improved clinical outcomes
THE COLLABORATIVE TECHNOLOGY OF VELA
Vela is a HIPAA-secure care collaboration platform that connects family caregivers, case managers, and coaches in one convenient place.
- A care team’s dependency on phone calls and voicemails is replaced with modern messaging capability
- Rates of reach for case managers and coaches increase from 20% to 90%
- Caregivers in the home are activated and increasingly engaged with their care team, at their convenience, on their schedule.