Information We Collect
You may use our website without providing any personal information. If you choose to request additional information about our healthcare services using a webform on our website, we may ask for information about you that is personally identifiable to you, such as your contact information (e.g., name, city/town, state, zip code, email address, or telephone number) and other non-public information that is associated with this information. We may ask for information regarding caregiver availability, a consumer’s possible care needs, as well as eligibility of the consumer for Medicaid, Medicare or other publicly funded healthcare programs. This personal information is provided voluntarily by you, the user, to communicate with us and to obtain information about the services we offer.
We may use web analytics and tag management and tools services to collect certain information relating to your use of the website. For example, we may automatically collect information on the device you use and your location, the type of web browser you use, your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, the pages you view, the functions you utilize, the time and duration of your visits, crash logs and other information relating to your use of the website. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the website, troubleshoot any user problems, and to enhance and update the website.
Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
How We Use and Share your Information
To Facilitate or Provide Services and Information
We collect information from you to facilitate or provide services that you request from us; provide information that you request from us; contact you about your services requests; and provide information about use of our website or availability of our services.
We may disclose your information to our agents, affiliates, and contractors to allow them to perform certain functions relating to the administration and maintenance of this website or other activities related to your use of the website and services offered through the website. For example, we may contract with service providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, customer relationship management and data storage and management. We provide our service providers with only the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each service provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, to protect your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to providing the support services.
Marketing and Advertising Services
We may also work with third party marketing and advertising companies. These companies may collect and use information about you in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you or for direct marketing campaigns. Advertisements may be shown via third-party websites. These companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer or device or use other similar technologies, or they may enable us to share data directly from our servers.
Among the marketing and advertising tools we use are the following:
- Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by understanding the actions you may take on our website. Facebook Pixel assists us in customizing our advertising and serving you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. You can learn about Facebook’s privacy practices at www.facebook.com/about/privacy/, and you can opt out of the collection of your data by Facebook Pixel or the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by visiting www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads (you will need to log into your Facebook account).
- Facebook Conversions API. We use Facebook Conversions API to match site visitors and web events on our website to Facebook’s ad data to measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We send encrypted data from our servers directly to Facebook’s servers. The information transmitted to Facebook using this application may include a timestamp, event type, web browser information (including browser type and IP address) and encrypted personally identifiable information such as name, email, and phone number. Use of Conversions API helps us to measure customer actions, improve the accuracy of information sent for targeting, measurement and optimization, and exert more control over data sharing. To opt out of having your information shared via Facebook Conversions API, visit https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
- Google Ads and YouTube. We use the conversion tracking feature of Google Ads and YouTube to help us determine how effective our ad campaigns are at generating video views, site visits, leads, email sign-ups and other key actions. You can learn about Google's privacy practices relating to Google Ads at policies.google.com/privacy, and you can prevent your participation in Google Ads conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com.
- LinkedIn Insights Tag. We use LinkedIn Insights Tag to track conversions, retarget our website visitors and unlock additional insights about your interactions with our LinkedIn advertisements. You can learn about LinkedIn's privacy practices at www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy, and you can opt out of LinkedIn Insights Tag at linkedin.com/psettings/.
- HubSpot Analytics. We use HubSpot analytics to track website traffic sources, store site visitor information shared via web forms, and to send personalized email messages to site visitors based on the content they’ve viewed or the information they’ve shared. You can learn about HubSpot's privacy practices at https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy - to review, correct, or remove your personal information from HubSpot, follow these steps: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy#How-To-Access-and-Control-Your-Personal-Data.
We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Seniorlink if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Seniorlink, the site, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please note that while communications and information you send to us using webforms on our website are encrypted, e-mails and other communications you send to us outside of the website are not encrypted. Thus, we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through unencrypted email.
Where Information Is Maintained
Seniorlink is located in the United States. When you enter your personal information through the website, the personal information is transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, and could be transferred to, stored and processed on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. We retain information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information, to comply with legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce agreements and similar essential purposes. By using the website, you accept and agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your personal information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
Personal Information of Children Under 13
The website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age, nor do we knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
Questions and How to Contact Us
120 St. James Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer